Thursday, February 18, 2010

When it rains it pours

Where do I start... last week I was able to get some precious clothes at the Agricenter Consignment sale and I sold alot of my baby clothes so I was able to break even.  what a blessing ....  I had a falling out with a friend but with some time and reflecting we were able to rectify our differences and make up. 

Friday it all began with the dreadful stomach flu!!! Addison started with diarreha and we had to go back to diapers and by saturday I went to the pharmacist because she was not getting any better.  They advised me to give her children's imodium.  By Saturay evening she was lathargic and resting in mommy's bed but her bottom was hurting her to the point she would not sit down or even bend over. 
Sunday she woke up with a dry diaper PTL and we got ready for church in her new Valentine's dress I had just bought for her.  daddy made us eggs and pancakes MMmmmm!!!!!!  When I had gotten her up it was really hot in her room and she spit up a little on me but I did not think much about it....
On the way to church She vomitted everything she had eaten that morning all over her new dress,  car seat, and the floor.  We were 2 minutes from church and Mark and I had to teach Sunday school that morning.  I dropped Mark and Keaton off while I undressed Addie.  She was singing and acting fine so I still thought it was strange.  We went into Kohls and bought a new dress (that is two valentines day dresses) and she was acting fine again.  I went back to church and she was fine the rest of the morning.  We went to lunch with my family and she was fine (ate a little) and wanted to play with her valentine gifts she had gotten....

We came home and took naps and when she woke up she had puked all in her bed and she puked several times through out the rst of the evening ..... the lymphnodes on the back of her neck were HUGE so we made a Drs appt the next morning..... Mark brought her and I met him there from work and Esther kept Keaton.  The Dr. said that her stomach was in an uproar but it was viral and it would have to run its course and she just needed to stay hydrated and no solid food until she went a while without throwing up.  I went to a sale at Lifeway after work and Esther met me up there.... She went and got Pizza Hut and came over for the evening.... We watched the Bachelor and the kids seem to be doing better etc.  I woke up in the middle of the night throwing up all the pizza I had endulged on a few hours earlier.... Until about 2pm the next day I stayed close to a trash can or toilet.  The body aches were unbearable... Esther came back over and stayed the night b/c Mark started having body aches and feeling terrible.  Addie slept almost all day tuesday.....  so did I .... Wednesday I just slept alot and Addie was bouncing off the walls feeling better!  Mark was comign around after alot of rest and last night Keaton started throwing up!!!  Will this virus ever leave us?!?!?  Addie and Keaton are back to having diarreha and I pray this leaves us soon b/c the about of body fluids that have been expelled in this house is overwhelming and I cannot seem to get the sick smell out of our house!!  I go back to work tomorrow and Mark went today and I pray we dont have another round of this virus b/c it has had us down for a week!!!!

2 comments:

Maegan said...

i am so sorry ya'll are so sick. i hate it for you. hopefully with it being a bit warmer you can air out your house and get your kids some freash air too. i will be thinking about ya'll. see you friday!?

charitysq said...

yes I will be there!!! I am sure you know what I m talking about trapped with sick kids for a week! everyone is going stir crazy!